Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Black History Month: Celebrating the life and legacy of Black Women Educators – Holly June

 


I am Holly June, an avid crafter, teacher, and blogger. I began my teaching journey as a dance teacher for young children. I have taught kindergarten and first grade as well. Currently, I am serving as full-time College Success Instructor at Durham Technical Community College alongside of serving as the Interim Director for Advising Services.

This spring, I was given an opportunity to share my expertise in Early Childhood Education through teaching Child Development II. I earned my bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education with a minor in Special Education from Western Carolina University. My master’s degree is in College Student Personnel from Western Carolina University. My doctorate degree is in Educational Leadership with a concentration on grades P-12 from Trident University International.

When I’m outside of the classroom, I enjoy inspiring young girls through my company Posh Party Palace and presenting workshops for youth through Posh GLAMOUR (Girl’s Learning About Manners, Oneself, Unity, and Respect) Academy.  I began a craft blog 2 years ago and have been featured in Voyage Raleigh Magazine to discuss crafting.

I believe learning can happen in and outside of the classroom and it is my hope that every student or person I meet knows they can be successful and crafty. It is my goal that everyone strives to #MakeSomethingFabulous.


1 comment:

  1. Holly June: It has been a pleasure to add your expertise as a staff member to the Early Childhood Education program. The students will gleam from your knowledge and experiences towards becoming equitable culturally responsive diverse inclusive practices ensuring all children are presented without systemic barriers to become productive citizens in the 21st century – closing opportunity gap. Thanks for allowing me to have your story in the series of Black Women Educators.

    ReplyDelete